Sunset Saturdays have been a local lake tradition since 2005. They have grown, changed, expanded, and in 2020 the number of performances decreased and the format was reimagined, for obvious reasons. Throughout the last 15+ years, one thing remains: Sunset Saturdays are a wonderful way to spend a relaxing Saturday evening with good friends, good wine, and great live, local music in a picturesque setting.
Sunset Saturdays occur on most Saturdays from April to October. We do skip a few Saturdays, so be sure to check our schedule when planning a visit to Hickory Hill and Smith Mountain Lake.
A great way to be “in the know” on our music series and other Hickory Hill Happenings, is to join our email list! The form to join is located at the bottom of this page.
Sunset Saturday FAQs
- All ticket sales will be online with a 5 pm cutoff on the day of. No walk-up admissions will be offered.
- Tasting flights will be done by pre-ordered Tastings-in-a-Bag. (An add-on option when you purchase your general admission.)
- There will be no tastings in the conventional sense.
- Wine may be purchased by glass or bottle.
- You may bring wine glasses from home, or you may purchase a wine glass.
- Disposable drinkware is available.
- You may bring your own picnic. We offer a-la-carte charcuterie items.
- Per VA ABC regulations, NO outside alcohol is permitted.
- Please maintain 6′ of social distancing from attendees who are not part of your group.
- We will be wearing masks to keep you and ourselves as safe as possible. We ask that you do the same when not in your designated picnic area.
- Parents- we know this is a challenging request as young children do not understand social distancing, yet, children must be closely supervised and need to stay in your designated picnic area. Don’t forget, children count towards your group total.
- Please leave your pets at home.