2023 Sunset Saturday
Family friendly live music in a picnic setting
Saturday through the summer | 6-10 pm
Saturday evenings in the summer vineyard ring with good music, good conversation, and dancing fireflies. Relax, sit back, and enjoy the music of local artists as the sun fades and the stars slowly pop out in the sky. Hickory Hill Vineyard’s Sunset Saturday music series is a popular local lake tradition with our 19th season in 2023.
A great way to be “in the know” on our music series and other Hickory Hill Happenings, is to join our email list!
General Admission Tickets
General admission is $10 per person. Additional FAQs are below.
2023 Line up
May 27, 2023
Ed & Friends
The Panini Brothers had to cancel due to illness. We are working to find a replacement! If you know a good group, or are in a good group, reach out to us.
July 1, 2023
The Rarely Available Band
“The Rarely Available” group is back… one of the original members, Mr. Steve Virts, is first in the lineup, along with a long-time member and local legend Mr. Al Coffey, aka the Swiss Army Musician. Rounding out this group is the newest member Mr. Charlie Reid, one of the original and talented members of the group Stairwell. They enjoy performing many of your favorite songs, adding their own unique twists with strong vocals and harmonies. They have a number of original songs that have become favorites to many fans. They are not a dance band, but if the urge hits you, please feel free to do so.
July 15, 2023
We are pleased to have Jodie Davis join us again! Jodie was one of the first musicians to perform here at Hickory Hill many years ago. Let’s show him the Hickory Hill Sunset Saturday love!
August 5, 2023
Ken, Alli, and Paul, long time performers at Sunset Saturdays return to our stage this season. They’ll be doing an eclectic mix of songs that spans centuries of folk music.
September 2, 2023
Christian Q & the Groove
The Groove is a multi genre-list band birthed right out of Smith Mountain Lake, Va. They play an eclectic mix of old favorites and new originals by the band themselves. Christian draws his musical inspiration from artists like Bill Withers, John Mayer, James Taylor, Tom Petty and many more. Christian’s soulful voice and captivating stage presence will insight joy and infectios grooving.
September 16, 2023
Common Ground Bluegrass Band isn’t a fresh new face on the bluegrass circuit by any means. The band began over 30 years ago, right here in their hometown of Moneta. They have traveled the United States and Canada spreading music all over and winning many awards along the way. Playing traditional and modern bluegrass music, the band carries a power-pact show with Ricky Ellis, a five-time world champion mandolin player, on lead vocals and, of course Madolin, leading the way. His daughter, Laura Ellis Maxfield, shares lead vocals while adding harmony all while playing the guitar and fiddle. And what bluegrass band doesn’t have and amazing banjo player? That would be Sergeant Terry Mills. Last, but not least is Daniel Pruitt with his entertainingly wild upright bass. Common Ground is an experienced, family-friendly, high-energy, mountain music band you won’t want to miss.
Sunset Saturday FAQs
- Advanced general admission Sunset Saturday tickets are available on this site with a 5 pm cutoff on the day of for $10 per person.
- General admission at the gate for Sunset Saturday is $15 per person unless we are sold out.
- Kids 12 and under are free. This is a working farm and kids must be under adult supervision at all times.
- The gate opens at 6 pm with music from 6:30 – 9:30 pm.
- Wine may be purchased by glass or bottle.
- You may bring wine glasses from home, or you may purchase a wine glass.
- Disposable drinkware is available at no charge.
- You may bring your own picnic. We offer a-la-carte Boar’s Head® charcuterie and cheese items.
- Per VA ABC regulations, NO outside alcohol is permitted. Coolers, picnic baskets, etc. are subject to inspection.
- No pets are allowed at Sunset Saturdays.
- COVID-19: We encourage you to follow all current CDC and VDH guidelines for everyone’s safety. This includes social distancing, wearing a mask indoors, washing/sanitizing hands, and staying home if you do not feel well.